Thursday, February 26, 2004

Tonight, I went to a mentalist at the IMU Wheelroom. Mentalists are called mentalists because they can read minds and bend spoons.

Fortunately for me, I got to be a volunteer onstage. The mentalist asked me to hold a glass Coke bottle between my thumb and index finger. Underneath it, there was a trash-can. The mentalist got down on one knee and using his mind, he blew out the bottom of the Coke bottle. It was very cool.

I got to keep the Coke bottle as a souvenir.

The weird part was... although this man had the brain power to guess every digit in some stranger's phone number or turn on a lightbulb just by imagining it, he kept having weird memory lapses. Like he'd forget where people were sitting in the audience or he'd repeat the same full paragraph of lines twice.

A mentalist losing his mental capacities.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

SIDENOTE: A few minutes after writing this blog, I reached into my coat pocket to get something and I sliced my finger on the Coke bottle. I'm bleeding right now. iiiiii Those i's were from me wiping the blood off my "i" key.

No comments: