Monday, February 02, 2004

It's my top 18 favorite movies. Why did I do this now? I don't know. Felt like it. Some major changes (i.e. a new "#1 movie" for the first time in over a decade!).

1. ET - The Extra Terrestrial
2. Magnolia
3. Waiting for Guffman
4. Edward Scissorhands
5. Sleepaway Camp
6. Election
7. It's a Wonderful Life
8. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
9. Blow Out
10. The Ice Storm
11. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
12. The King of Comedy
13. Fargo
14. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
15. The Apartment
16. Shampoo
17. American Movie
18. Splatter Farm

It's 3:30 am and I'm supposed to be reading a play. I tried to convince myself that reading it would be enjoyable. The line of thinking went like this:

"Hey, reading a play is sort of like going to a play!"
to...
"Hey, going to a play is sort of like going to a movie!"
to...
"Hey, reading this play will be like going to the movies!"
to...
"Hey, I'm going to the movies!"

I don't know why I have to convince myself. I usually enjoy reading. I'm just not motivated, I suppose. I want to hang out with friends and watch TV.

No comments: