Thursday, July 01, 2004

Who said LeMars ain't cool?

Tonight, to kick off the annual 4th-of-July "Ice Cream Days Festival," there is a free, outdoor screening of Jaws. This is an awesome (albeit unlikely) choice.

I like the fact that the LeMars city council is organizing a 4th-of-July event that's about... a city council organizing a 4th-of-July event that goes horribly, horribly wrong. Nevertheless, I'll be there. Hopefully, no sharks will drop from the sky and attack me.

Then... on Friday night... I am attending a Class of 2000 reunion.

But, Paul, it's only been 4 years since you've graduated high school. Usually, 5 years is the arbitrarily-chosen marker for reunions.

I know, but Gehlen Catholic (my old high school) is having their big All-School reunion over this holiday weekend. So my class is getting our reunion out of the way along with it. It'll definetely be interesting. I've seen maybe only 10 people from my class since I've graduated, so there'll be a lot of new/old faces.

Who will be bald? Who will be fat? These are questions that will be answered.

Jaws and an ever-increasing awareness of aging, here I come!

No comments: