Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I've randomly chosen five movie stars and pitted the first two movies of their filmographies against each other.  Let the games begin (and the blood pour from the losers' throats)! 

1. Sigourney Weaver
Annie Hall (1977) vs. Madman (1978)

Some would say that Mr. Woody Allen is a Madman (considering how weird he can get)!  However, if I had a gun to my head (which I do), I would choose Madman as the clear-cut winner. 

 
2. Jeff Goldblum
Death Wish (1974) vs. California Split (1974)

For centuries, man has wondered who would win if Death indeed battled California.  But what about the far-more fascinating face-off between Wish and Split?  If I had my druthers (which I do), I would wish that my pants would split.  And then I'd get my period in my stone-washed jeans in front of Mark Palarro! 

Obviously, this is a tie.

 
3. Ned Beatty
Deliverance (1972) vs. The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (1972)

Political pundits have agreed that the debate over these two titles will decide this year's upcoming election.  Insiders are whispering that Bush will be "pro-Bean" whereas Kerry's campaign insist he is not "anti-Deliverance."  Whatever the case, I'm sure Bill's O'Reilly Factor has something to say about it!

My choice?  I'm avoiding the whole debate and voting for Shadows in the Storm.  Gotta' catch it!

 
4. Dennis Quaid
Crazy Mama (1975) vs. 9/30/55 (1977)

Hands down, 9/30/55 wins this competition!  Admittedly, I am a little biased.  September 30th, 1955 always had a special place in my heart.  It was the day I lost my virginity... to Scrabble! 

I'll never know why that homeless man called himself "Scrabble."

 
5. Marie Dionne
The Country Doctor (1936) vs.  Going on Two (1936)

Talk about your tough decisions!  It's like asking me to choose between children!

As such, Going on Two is the child you brag about to your co-workers at Wells Fargo and The Country Doctor is the child you say overdosed while studying abroad.

 
Don't let somebody else decide for you!  Vote!

 

 

No comments: