Thursday, October 30, 2003

I went to the dentist. Apparently, the tubes in one of my teeth are frayed or broken. The dentist rubbed sensitivity-paste all over my tooth to make it better. It's been a day or so and my tooth still hurts. I've been told that it may take 3-4 weeks to see any improvement.

Today, I went to the doctor for the ear-ache. Apparently, I scraped some protective tissue out of my ear canal and bacteria caused an infection. I'm taking antibiotics to fight it.

On the way home from the doctor, my nose started to bleed. Heavily. I walked a few blocks, holding my hand to my nose until I reached a bathroom to take care of it (i.e. cleaning my face, shoving a tissue in my nostril). For the next hour, I was splitting out globs of blood.

I'm falling apart.

One interesting thing... when I got into the bathroom to take care of my bloody nose, I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my bloody-smeary face. I must say... it looked pretty cool. I was reminded of one of my favorite parts of "Catcher in the Rye." It's after Holden gets in a fight and he looks in the mirror and admires his newly-marred face. I always thought that was a really honest moment. I bet a lot of people do that.

Because we all know it's cool to look/be damaged.

That's why I write an entire blog about my tooth-ache, ear-ache, and bloody nose.


No comments: