Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Yesterday (Tuesday), I re-shot the opening scene for "David Mows Yards." After watching the footage, I realized I did not like it and needed to re-do it. You see, I vowed to myself that I would not settle for less with this movie. I am a cruel, intolerant perfectionist. Later, when Scatman Crothers recounts working on my film, he will break down in tears. Then, a year later, he will portray Dewey Stevens in "Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island." Best. Career move. Ever.

Afterwards, I edited the opening as well. Two minutes of the film are already complete! Now, only 118 left to go! I will bore all of you. All of you!

Actually, by reshooting the opening, I came up with a different "second scene," which consequently cut the orginal "second" and third" scenes. Already, I have skimmed a few minutes off this movie. I will not bore all of you. All of you!

Tonight, DJ, Jake, and I hung out. Yes, all of you frothy-mouthed My Business Failed in Three Weeks fans, we hang out. Just like normal people! What you see onstage is true friendship. It's not manufactured unlike other other bands I know. Right, Collective Soul?!

The three of us watched "Alien." We are planning on watching the entire anthology for the rest of the week.

For many of you, life in small-town America just got a whole lot smaller.



No comments: