Monday, June 09, 2003

Yesterday, my friend Allison took me to the most glorious place in San Francisco (or on earth, for that matter). I will tell you what that place is... but not yet! Just know that I took pictures of me standing in front of this glorious place and I will hopefully post these pictures online when I return to LeMars. You are in suspense.

In other "Paul shows off" news, I've been promised by Amy and Scott that they will take me to Disneyland on Thursday. I cannot express how excited I am by this. First of all, I love theme parks. They are amazing. I love them more than those old, crumbly cities that people adore and much more than that whole "nature" thing people go on and on about. Theme parks are the most beautiful places I will ever know. This is not sarcasm. If you could see my face, it would be straight. Straight-faced.

Second of all, when I went to Disney World in the summers of 1988 and 1990, those were two of the most awe-inspiring experiences for me as a kid. If I had to make a list of the top 5 coolest things that happened to me before puberty ruined everything, Disney World would be up there. Maybe number 1. Quite possibly number 1. Yes, number 1.

Unfortunately, I've never been to Disneyland.

This will all change on Thursday.

No comments: