Thursday, February 03, 2005

THIS DAY IN HISTORY - FEBRUARY 3RD!

1998: Stamps commemorating Princess Diana go on sale across Britain
- Later, it was discovered that these stamps could work as legal tender at participating Arby's restaurants. I got two beef-n-cheddars with my Dianas!

1994: President Bill Clinton lifts US trade embargo against Vietnam
- My Vietnamese pen-pal and I were finally able to trade baseball cards. I got an Ozzie Smith for my Kirby Puckett!

1982: John Sharples of England finishes disco dancing 371 hours
- I heard Mr. Sharples got really sick after dancing so much. He suffered exhaustion and had an intense fever... disco fever, that is! He had it! Disco fever! It was inside him! It almost killed him!

1974: "Pajama Game" closes at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC after 65 performances
- I still have my Playbill (IN THE GARBAGE!)

1951: Dick Button wins US skating title for 6th time
- His biggest competitor? Vagina Zipper.

1916: Canada's original Parliament building, in Ottawa, burns down
- Frat Party gone awry.

1864: Sherman's march through Georgia
- People from all over "The Peach State" gathered to meet their favorite star of TV's "Amen."

1488: Bartholomeus Diaz discovers Mosselbaai (Angra dos Vaqueros)
- There's Something About Bartholomeus!

Okay, okay. Quit laughing, folks. You don't want to get in trouble at work.

No comments: