Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Job-Search Summer 2004 continues...

1) Well's Blue Bunny
I've applied, but will the big-wigs call me? Four summers ago, I worked for the ice cream factory for two-and-a-half days and then quit. Do they hold grudges? If so... let go, Blue Bunny. Let go.

2) Harkers
I was told they had a 40-hour-a-week/$8-an-hour custodial job. I'd clean their corporate offices late at night and listen to "40 Licks." I'd love to have this job! Guess what? I go there today and they said the position's been filled for a week. Harkers: Makers of Cold Meats and Even Colder Demeanor.

3) Ameri-Host Inn
Being a housekeeper at the Iowa House Hotel in Iowa City was one of my favorite jobs. You got tasks. You got peace. It's nice. I could maybe get a housekeeping job at this LeMars hotel, but... they don't look at applications for another two weeks. Time is runnin'... OUT, that is!



No comments: