Thursday, April 01, 2004

Mark your calendars and wash them colanders...

"David Mows Yards" has an official premiere date!

FRIDAY, APRIL 23RD
7:30pm
ROOM W10, JOHN PAPPAJOHN BUILDING
IOWA CITY, IOWA

Last Friday, I sneaked into various University of Iowa A-V rooms to test their equipment and find the most satisfying place to screen my movie. Fortunately, I got my first pick. The sound system in W10 is loud-fantastic and the projector's images are sharp and crisp and vibrant - not washed out and dull like some screening rooms (I'm talking to you, Becker 101).

This is a relief. After all, I am making a video here and you got to do as much as possible to make sure image and sound quality is the best it can be. Because video's not always gonna' do it for you. Uh-huh.

When I screened "America's Funniest American" last year at Becker 101, I died a little bit inside when my green-greens were light-greens and my red-reds were pinky-pinks. Granted, the video wasn't gorgeous to begin with, but it did dilute the colors and it was disappointing. Cuz that's where most of the people who saw "America's Funniest American" saw "America's Funniest American." And it was a mis-representation of sorts.

Anyway...

I'll announce the screening time again when it's closer to the actual date. But remember... keep that night open for us!

No comments: