Saturday, April 30, 2005
YOU SHOULD COME TO THIS...
"COMEDY DEATH RAY"
(hosted by Neil Campbell and Paul Rust)
TUESDAY, MAY 3RD - 8:30PM
@ M-BAR (1253 Vine Street)
"Best in LA!" -- LA Weekly
with special guests:
and Machu Picchu
for more info, go to funbunchcomedy.com (includes a picture of me and Neil!)
For you readers out-of-state or unfamiliar with "Comedy Death Ray," it is LA's biggest night for "alternative comedy." Past performers have included folks like Bob Odenkirk, Louis CK, and David Cross. I've been going to it since I came to Los Angeles last August. And it's great.
Anyway, every week, "Comedy Death Ray" has a new host and fortunately for us, Neil and I were asked to do it. As you can guess, we're very excited. Neil and I have created what I consider a "great show." There will be sketches and videos and songs and all sorts of other fun things. Anyway, it'd be great for you to come out and catch it. I think you'll enjoy it.
And who knows? You may enjoy this as well...
THE CELEBRITY CITED LIST:
1. Dave "Gruber" Allen (Monday, August 30th, 2004)
2. Gedde Watanabe (Tuesday, September 14th, 2004)
3. Joey Pantoliano (Sunday, September 19th, 2004)
4. Patrick Renna (Monday, September 20th, 2004)
5. Randy Jackson (Tuesday, September 21st, 2004)
6. Richard Riehle (Monday, October 4th, 2004)
7. Dwier Brown (Saturday, October 16th, 2004)
8. Betsy Randle (Saturday, October 16th, 2004)
9. Michael J. Anderson (Saturday, October 16th, 2004)
10. Rider Strong (Monday, October 25th, 2004)
11. Heather Graham (Monday, October 25th, 2004)
12. Andy Berman (Friday, October 29th, 2004)
13. David Spade (Tuesday, November 9th, 2004)
14. Henry Winkler (Friday, December 10th, 2004)
15. Joe Elliott (Sunday, January 2nd, 2005)
16. Glenn Danzig (Saturday, January 22nd, 2005)
17. Jay Leno (Thursday, January 27th, 2005)
18. David Cross (Wednesday, February 16th, 2005)
19. Steve Guttenberg (Thursday, February 17th, 2005)
20. Bob Saget (Thursday, February 17th, 2005)
21. Bob Odenkirk (Thursday, February 24th, 2005)
22. Mike White (Friday, February 25th, 2005)
23. Anne Meara (Monday, February 28th, 2005)
24. Curtis Armstrong (Saturday, March 5th, 2005)
25. Chris Rock (Thursday, March 17th, 2005)
26. Michael McDonald (Thursday, March 17th, 2005)
27. David Krumholtz (Saturday, March 19th, 2005)
28. Robert Forster (Sunday, March 20th, 2005)
29. Michael Colton (Monday, March 28th, 2005)
30. John Aboud (Monday, March 28th, 2005)
31. Jack Black (Monday, March 28th, 2005)
32. Jason Lee (Thursday, April 14th, 2005)
33. Peter Bonerz (Monday, April 25th, 2005)
34. David Lovering (Monday, April 25th, 2005)
Both Peter Bonerz and David Lovering were spotted in the audience at the "Garage Comedy" show at El Cid. Bonerz portrayed Dr. Jerry Robinson on "The Bob Newhart Show" and Lovering is the drummer for the Pixies.
And yes, I have wanted to meet both men since the 8th grade.