Thursday, April 14, 2005

MUSIC SURVEY!!!

1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
Frank Black

2. What was the last song you listened to?
"Optimistic" by Radiohead (playing on my car radio)

3. What's in your CD player right now?
Bright Eyes' "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning"

4. What song would you say sums you up?
"New Hotness (Not Old and Busted)" by James Edwards/Agent J

5. What's your favorite local band?
Jeremiah Cat and The Yammerin' Kitties (playing tonight on some garbage cans outside my bedroom window)

6. What was the last show you attended?
Buster Dawg and the Woofin' Poochies (played last night at Spaceland)

7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
Weezer (Council Bluffs, May '97) or this (minus Tuffy Genders)

8. What's the shittiest band you've ever seen in concert?
What a rude question.

9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
Band of Brothers

10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
A few years ago, I was seriously involved with a trombone, but we rushed into things too fast. Damn shame. We could have been a beautiful thing. I hear she's dating a chord organ now. Good for her. She deserves someone who will be there for her.

11. What show are you looking forward to?
The next Jonathan Richman show that comes to town or this.

12. What is your favorite band shirt?
The Gehlen Jays pep band shirt (LeMars, '93). The letters "J-A-Y-S" are written in musical instruments. Oh, did I say "pep band shirt?" I meant "pep band SHIT."

13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
This guy.

14. What musician would you like to hump for a day?
Dolly Parton - as in "Par-ton me, but can I buy you a drink? I can?! Hot dog!" (note: not responsible for injuries caused while drinking hot dog)

15. Metal question-Jeans and Leather vs. Cracker Jack clothes?
Yes.

16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
Ozzy has never been solo! Haven't you seen his eccentric family on the television set? I watch the show because, you know what? It reminds me that my family isn't so weird after all!

17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
Richie Rich (his album "Kid-apault Blues" is an overlooked masterpiece)

18. Blackjack or solo Michael Bolton?
Racist.

19. Doesn't Primus suck?
Psst. Primus is totally right behind you.

20. Name 3 flawless albums:
"Brighten the Corners" by Pavement
"Surfer Rosa" by Pixies
"Fables of the Reconstruction" by Jeremiah Cat and The Yammerin' Kitties

21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
So? I didn't want to go to prom anyway.

22. What was the greatest decade for music?
3040 (Blezek B-390 and Nirvana Part 4 are the new Klembot X-12)

23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
At least 500

24. Do you like Journey?
Don't stop believin' that I really like Journey. In fact, I'll listen to them any way you want it. Just don't make me eat a pizza wheel in the sky.

25. Don't try to pretend you don't!
Man, survey, you sure are sassy! Are you related to David Spade at all?

26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
You know? For me, everyday is a movie. And in a way, the people around me are its soundtrack.

27. What was your last musical "phase" before you wisened up?
Back in the early 90's, I was a groupie for Manheim Steamroller. But now I'm totally over them. (call me)

28. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc you've ever bought?
Mendelssohn's Symphony No. 4 "Italian." After that, I threw away all my Mendelssohn posters. (call me)

29. Do you prefer vinyl or CD's?
If "CD" is an abbreviation for "Cool Dude," then... neither. I'd rather stand and die than live and kneel.

No comments: