Thursday, August 19, 2004

Why do we listen to Paul Harvey?

This isn't a judgement hidden in a rhetorical question. I am legitimately asking: What is the main reason we listen to Paul Harvey?

Answer: To hear him say, "And now you know... the rest of the story" at the end of his segments. Obviously.

That's why we sit through a seemingly endless anecdote about an Olympic horse-starver when we could be listening to Britney Spears' "Toxic" instead.

"And now you know... the rest of the story" is the sweet-turkey-gravy payoff for eating your hydrated-level-4 pizza. Is it ready?!!!

So, imagine my disappointment as I drive to Altoona, Iowa to visit a friend, listening to Paul Harvey on the radio, and I hear:

"And now you know... the rest ---"

OBNOXIOUS AUTO DEALERSHIP AD INTERRUPTS!!!

I was miffed. Perturbed, some might say.

Regardless...

Now you know... the rest of the ---

FART!!!

No comments: