I'm on the verge of editing a major sequence for "David Mows Yards." I've captured all the footage onto my computer and now it's just a matter of assembling it all. Actually, it's more than "just a matter" because it'll be pretty difficult, but... you know... it's an expression!
First and foremost, there's a lot of footage to deal with. Since the sequence jumps from space to space in a quick manner, I had to gather footage from a variety of different tapes (as opposed to one scene's footage usually being on one single tape). In the end, I took footage from 15 different tapes. So that's about 15 different locations I'm using in this 8-minute sequence alone. Gouche.
Before I begin editing that, however, I'm going over minutes 40-through-80 all over again and fine-tuning it. This means tightening certain spots, adding beats, giving more force to transitions between scenes. Basically, there were just too many weak spots eating at me and I couldn't go on editing in good conscience unless I fixed them.
Five more segments left to edit.