Wednesday, December 15, 2004

And yesterday's year-end survey marches on...

19. Did you fall in love in 2004?

No. But there's 16 days left, lady-bird. (wink)

20. What was your favorite TV program?
What are you asking, stupid survey? A favorite show I began watching in 2004? If so, Curb Your Enthusiasm was cool. And marathon viewings of The Office broke in me and Adam's apartment quite nicely.

21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
The only thing I hate... is hate itself. Oh, and this jerk.

22. What was the best book you read?
"The Devil's Candy" by Julie Salamon. Alternate title: "Satan's Twix."

23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Another dry year. And I love music. Somebody help me.

24. What did you want and get?
Initially, I had no desire for University of Iowa President David Skorton to drop by Public Space One unannounced, wondering why our sketch-comedy troupe Saturday Night Live 2 heavily promoted that he'd be hosting our show - as a "funny joke." But after he did, I can't say I didn't not want it.

25. What did you want and not get?
The opening scene from The Big Chill. Or the new ad campaign for Coke C2. BONUS: If you "get" this "joke," be the first to sign my guestbook and you'll win an 8x10 glossy of Kevin Kline wearing a 7-up t-shirt.

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Too close to call, Malone! Front runners: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Kill Bill - Volume 2, Anchorman, I Heart Huckabee's, Sideways, The Incredibles, and The Life Aquatic. Roger Ebert watched every one with me - denim vest and all.

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hung out with friends - eatin' pizza and goin' to Kill Bill - Volume 2. Roger Ebert gave me a denim vest as a present. It was wrapped in another denim vest. And oh... 23!

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Something exactly like this:
Example
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
The one question in all surveys that I loathe! Blah, blah, blah shirt. Blah, blah, blah pants. Blah, blah, blah my-fashion-sense-demonstrates-who-I-am. Mur.

30. What kept you sane?
Friends, family, and loved ones.

31. What political issue stirred you the most?
Allowing skunks the right to graduate... with high di-STINK-tion!

32. Who did you miss?
Friends, family, and loved ones.

33. Who was the best new person you met?
In a way? Myself. Yeah. Yeah. Myself.

34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Change is progress. Stupidity is... CON-GRESS!

35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Cuz I have friends and that’s a fact/Like Agnes, Agatha, Germaine, and Jack." - Biz Markie

Bye-bye, 2004. Welcome to the chili party, 2005!

No comments: