My friends Adam and Ellen have started a new website. It's neat and funny. Check out www.underhyped.com.
So I bought a new pair of British Knights sneakers at Foot Locker. At first, I was excited, but then I remembered some advice I got back in grade school (circa 1991)...
"If you ever visit Los Angeles, don't wear British Knights because their initials are "B.K." and "B.K." stands for BLOOD KILLERS. If you wear British Knights in Los Angeles, you'll look like a Crypt and the Bloods will kill you." (Mr. Roecker, Gehlen Catholic elementary principal)
Fearing for my life, I tried to return the sneakers at Foot Locker, but to my dismay, one of my fellow Crypts was working behind the counter. "Blood-Gun" said I was part of the gang and if I backed out now, I'd have to kill the next person who told me to turn on my headlights.
I nodded solemnly and drowned my sorrows with a milkshake at Burger King.
Yum. Burger King.
The Crypts own 90% of Burger King and British Knights.
And "Boyz In the Hood" was loosely based on "The Burger King Kids Club."
Wow! Looky here!
THE CELEBRITY CITED LIST:
1. Dave "Gruber" Allen (Monday, August 30th, 2004)
2. Gedde Watanabe (Tuesday, September 14th, 2004)
3. Joey Pantoliano (Sunday, September 19th, 2004)
4. Patrick Renna (Monday, September 20th, 2004)
5. Randy Jackson (Tuesday, September 21st, 2004)
6. Richard Riehle (Monday, October 4th, 2004)
7. Dwier Brown (Saturday, October 16th, 2004)
8. Betsy Randle (Saturday, October 16th, 2004)
9. Michael J. Anderson (Saturday, October 16th, 2004)
10. Rider Strong (Monday, October 25th, 2004)
11. Heather Graham (Monday, October 25th, 2004)
12. Andy Berman (Friday, October 29th, 2004)
13. David Spade (Tuesday, November 9th, 2004)
14. Henry Winkler (Friday, December 10th, 2004)
15. Joe Elliott (Sunday, January 2nd, 2005)
16. Glenn Danzig (Saturday, January 22nd, 2005)
17. Jay Leno (Thursday, January 27th, 2005)
18. David Cross (Wednesday, February 16th, 2005)
19. Steve Guttenberg (Thursday, February 17th, 2005)
20. Bob Saget (Thursday, February 17th, 2005)
21. Bob Odenkirk (Thursday, February 24th, 2005)
22. Mike White (Friday, February 25th, 2005)
23. Anne Meara (Monday, February 28th, 2005)
24. Curtis Armstrong (Saturday, March 5th, 2005)
25. Chris Rock (Thursday, March 17th, 2005)
26. Michael McDonald (Thursday, March 17th, 2005)
27. David Krumholtz (Saturday, March 19th, 2005)
28. Robert Forster (Sunday, March 20th, 2005)
29. Michael Colton (Monday, March 28th, 2005)
30. John Aboud (Monday, March 28th, 2005)
31. Jack Black (Monday, March 28th, 2005)
32. Jason Lee (Thursday, April 14th, 2005)
33. Peter Bonerz (Monday, April 25th, 2005)
34. David Lovering (Monday, April 25th, 2005)
35. Ricki Lake (Tuesday, May 24th, 2005)
36. Marissa Jaret Winokur (Saturday, June 18th, 2005)
Strange occurences in the "Celebrity Cited" list. Early Saturday, my friends and I spotted Marissa Jaret Winokur at the Cafe 101 in Hollywood. Winokur is the full-sized actress from "Scary Movie," the new TV show "Stacked," and that episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" where Larry breaks his finger. She also won a Tony recently for her work in the musical version of "Hairspray," in which she portrayed Tracy Turnblad who (strangely enough)...
Was portrayed by Ricki Lake in the film version of "Hairspray."
That's right. Lake was #35. Winokur was #36. Weird!
If I'm lucky, my next celeb-spotting will be Harold Ramis. And then after him, the guy who did Egon's voice in "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon.