Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Grace and Peter - the rock-n-roll duo consisting of Charlyne Yi and myself - recently played a show at "Garage Comedy." You can watch a post-show interview with the both of us here (scroll down to "Grace and Peter").


Also, The American Film Insitute's expanded "100 Greatest Movie Quotes" continues...

26. She Done Him Wrong, 1933.
"Why don't you come up sometime and see me? I got microwave popcorn and Capri-Sun."

27. Midnight Cowboy, 1969.
"I'm walking here! I'm walking here! But mark my words: I definitely ain't TALKING here!"

28. Casablanca, 1942.
"Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By'... this time, I promise to record it on my boom-box, so I can listen to it anytime I want. Like when I'm out boatin' with the fam at Yankton."

29. A Few Good Men, 1992.
"You can't handle the truth! It's too hot to handle! Too cold to hold! They're called the Ghostbusters and they're in control!"

30. Grand Hotel, 1932.
"I want to be alone... but if you guys are doin' something cool later, gimme a call."

31. Gone With the Wind, 1939.
"After all, tomorrow is another day! I call it 'cartoon day.'"

32. Casablanca, 1942.
"Round up the usual suspects... and no, I ain't talkin' about OJ Simpson! Or Michael Jackson! Or Monica Lewinsky! I'm talking about THE MEDIA and our MEDIA-OBSESSED CULTURE (like the kind examined in Natural Born Killers)."

33. When Harry Met Sally..., 1989.
"I'll have what she's having... a funny, lady-orgasm in public!"

34. To Have and Have Not, 1944.
"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow... but make sure you don't have crackers in your mouth. I mean, it'll be funny, but it's gonna' make a mess at Paul's sister's birthday party in 1986."

35. Jaws, 1975.
"You're gonna need a bigger boat... or we won't have enough room for that boom-box when we go to Yankton."

36. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, 1948.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges! But if the price is right, I'll show you my butt and tanline."

37. The Terminator, 1984.
"I'll be back... so don't close the door because my hands will be full with laundry."

38. The Pride of the Yankees, 1942.
"Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth... yeah, that's right! Earth! Ever heard of it, E.T.?"

39. Field of Dreams, 1989.
"If you build it, he will come... it's getting him to leave that's the tough part!"

40. Forrest Gump, 1994.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get... although, to be honest, I know I'm always gonna' get one thing from a box of chocolates and that, of course, is zits! Yikes! I keep tellin' myself to stop eatin' them, but --- I swear, I'm like a choc-aholic or something!"

41. Bonnie and Clyde, 1967.
"We rob banks... like Bonnie and Clyde used to."

42. The Graduate, 1967.
"Plastics... fantastics."

43. Casablanca, 1942.
"We'll always have Paris... Holiday Inn."

44. The Sixth Sense, 1999.
"I see dead people... and I can hear them as well. And lemme tell ya', ma, Hendrix still knows how to wail!" (GUITAR RIFF)

45. A Streetcar Named Desire, 1951.
"Stella! Hey, Stella! It's me - Marlon Brando!!!"

46. Now, Voyager, 1942.
"Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars... or as I like to call them - Moon Juniors."

47. Shane, 1953.
"Shane. Shane. Come back! Don't worry, I'll leave the door open, so you can get in easier when your hands are full with laundry."

48. Some Like It Hot, 1959.
"Well, nobody's perfect... just look at Tom Cruise's recent public behavior, which, to put it mildly, has been very bizarre. First, there was the Oprah appearance. And then, his fight with Matt Lauer. I dunno. I think his engagement with Katie Holmes is just a big publicity stunt for War of the Worlds if you ask me."

49. Frankenstein, 1931.
"It's alive! It's alive! And it's... it's... doing the twist?!!!"

50. Apollo 13, 1995.
"Houston, we have a problem... I closed the door on Terminator and Shane."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings People

CAN YOU WATCH BLU RAY DVDs ON A REGULARE DVD PLAYER?
i wanna purchase a film but its a blu-ray 1....i actually do not have a blu ray player though....should it still work??

Regards !