2007: A Survey For The New Millenium!
This is the fourth year of me doing this survey. Let's go!
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
I ran a marathon. I bought clothes in Los Angeles. I put contact lenses into my eyes.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For 2007, I didn't have any new year's resolutions, so there was nothing to keep. For 2008? Since new year's resolutions are opportunities to improve oneself and become a better person, I resolve to... make more funny videos and put 'em on the internet!!!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lots and lots and lots. There must have been something in the water! (NOTE: I checked with the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power and apparently, they dispensed a large percentage of liquid known as "HORNY WATER")
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately, no. And don't get any big ideas for 2008, Mr. Brooks!
5. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
6. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory?
Friday, May 11, 2007
Thursday, November 1, 2007
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
For the first time, I made a living from writing/performing
8. What was your biggest failure?
Taking that wrong turn in the marathon and shaving off 4 miles from my run. Months of training with no feeling of completion.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Illness? No. Injury? Nuh-uh. But was I in a jury? NO WAY!
10. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The cast of Brighton Beach Memoirs (1986)
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The cast of Biloxi Blues (1988)
12. Where did most of your money go?
I bought a car.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Writing and performing
14. What song will always remind you of 2007?
You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb (Spoon)
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
"I have more money than last year" is probably a better way of putting it
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Hung out with my family in LeMars, Iowa
19. Did you fall in love in 2007?
20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
21. What was your favorite TV program?
I got into The Larry Sanders Show this year
22. What was the best book you read?
Born Standing Up by Steve Martin
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing Changes Around Here (The Thrills)
24. What did you want and get?
Good friends! Good times! Good health!
25. What did you want and not get?
A special pair of gloves that can change the color of a room (according to how many times I slap my hands together)
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
There Will Be Blood
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My friends and I watched Rookie of the Year, ate yummy food, and played a game where you had to guess what movie plot a person was pantomiming (Mookie's Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo was a highlight). I turned 26.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Geeze Louise! I already said "consistency!"
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
30. What kept you sane?
I have friends who are compassionate, funny, and kind
31. What political issue stirred you the most?
Frivilous lawsuits! They're making a mockery of our legal system! Last time I checked, coffee at McDonald's was supposed to be hot, people!
32. Who did you miss?
33. Who was the best new person you met?
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
"Through the years, I have learned there is no harm in charging oneself up with delusions between moments of valid inspiration" (Steve Martin)