Monday, December 18, 2006

Last week, I read Pitchforkmedia's "200 Best Singles of the 1960's." I like lists like that. It helps me understand a very wide canvas through key examples. I wanna' make a list like that, but I probably don't have the authority to do so. Because I don't have that breadth of knowledge on any topic.

Except, of course, my own life. I know that pretty well.

I'm considering making a "Top 10 Most Pivotal Moments in My Life" list - although as I wrote that right now, I wanted to punch myself in the face. That's pretty dumb, huh? Awfully narcissistic, too. And who cares outside of me? (These are the main reasons I haven't regularly written in my blog for nearly two years now)

The idea would be to choose specific scenarios that shaped me as a person (for good and for bad). I think I'd be interested in reading that if somebody else did it. I'm 25 years old. Seems like a nice, round year to do some reflecting.

After all, at "Motown 25," Michael Jackson moonwalked to "Billie Jean." The least I can do for "Pauly Dangerfield 25" is write a few blog entries.

No comments: